Framed Orchid Wall Art
For dramatic floral looks made easy begin with a foam frame cut to size. Cover frame with the most gorgeous papers and permanent botanicals you can find.
Completion time – 1 hour
Designer – Diane Flowers
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- Cream orchid stems, two
- Silver wood-grain gift wrap
- Floral shears or wire cutters
- Serrated knife
- Candle stub or paraffin
- Low-temp glue gun and glue sticks
- Thick, white craft glue
- 1. Wax serrated knife with candle stub or paraffin. Measure
and mark an 8" x 14" rectangle in center of foam block; cut
out to create 2"-thick frame.
- 2. Place frame on wrong side of wrapping paper, leaving at
least 1-1/2" all around. Trace frame onto paper. Cut out paper
1-1/2" beyond traced lines, outside and inside frame edges.
- 3. Center and glue paper to frame front and sides, wrapping
excess paper around to back. Slit paper corners to foam edge
and fold neatly to back of frame; glue to secure.
- 4.Use floral shears to trim orchid stems to 2" long; insert
stems at angle into inside bottom edge of frame. Spot glue
stems to secure.