Fabric Flower Power Wreath
Download the Pattern (PDF)
Bright beautiful fabric flowers bloom year-round on wreath made of STYROFOAM™ Brand foam. It’s a great way to use up scraps of your favorite fabrics.
Completion time – 2 hours
Designer – Kathleen George
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- Round Face Wreath, 12" x 2-1/2" x 1"
- Bright green acrylic paint
- Assorted cotton fabric scraps, at least 5"
- square, including green for leaves
- Bright green ribbon, 1" x 8"
- Decorative flower buttons, ten
- Double-sided fusible webbing
- Compass or circle template, 3/4"
- Stiff-bristled paintbrush
- Disposable palette
- Water basin
- Paper towels
- Sewing needle and green thread
- Iron and pressing cloth
- Low-temp glue gun and glue sticks
- 1. Paint foam wreath green; let dry.
- 2. Cut twenty 5" squares from fabrics for flowers. Follow
webbing manufacturer's instructions to fuse squares together
back to back, creating ten double-sided squares. Cut and fuse
together two 6" green squares for leaves. Cut patterns as indicated.
- 3. Use pencil to lightly mark 3/4" circle at center back of
each flower. Sew gathering stitch around circle and gently
pull up threads to gather slightly; knot and clip threads.
This will cause flower petals to lift slightly. Repeat for all flowers.
- 4. Use glue gun to glue flowers side by side to wreath. Glue
leaves to wreath under flowers as shown, alternating fabric
sides as desired. Glue flower buttons to flower centers.
- 5. Glue ribbon ends together to create hanging loop; glue ends to top
center back of wreath.