Even kids notorious for vegetable avoidance are sure to enjoy this extravagant edible display. Easy-to-make edible topiary is great fun for any party!
Completion time – 1-2 hours
Designer – Kathleen George
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- Assorted vegetables: your choice; model shown incl
- broccoli, cauliflower
- Round wooden toothpicks
- 1. Divide broccoli and cauliflower into florets; firmly push
toothpick into stem of each piece.
- 2. Beginning with broccoli, push two rows of florets into foam
cone around base, completely covering surface. Repeat with cauliflower florets.
- 3. Push a toothpick into cone above cauliflower rows, leaving
3/8" to 1/2" exposed. Gently press cherry tomato onto
toothpick. Continue adding tomatoes in this manner to cover
remaining foam, including cone tip.
- 4. Fill in gaps using tiny bits of broccoli wedged in spaces
between tomatoes; use tip of toothpick to secure broccoli as needed.
- 5. To enjoy veggies, simply pull from topiary surface.