Bottle Cap Christmas Tag
Don't be shy this holiday season -- proclaim your sentiments boldly and with style! The trendy tag doubles as an ornament too giving you two gifts in one.
Completion time – 1 hour
Designer – Mary Lynn Maloney
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- Metallic Silver Leafing Pen
- Red/green scrapbook papers: stripes; square dots
- Green card stock
- "Tis the Season" bottle cap
- Red satin ribbon, 1/8" x 1/4 yd.
- Hole punches: 1/4"; 3/4"
- Craft knife
- Adhesives: craft-foam glue; embellishing glue; glu
- Optional: Paper trimmer
- 1. Follow paint pen manufacturer's instructions to color edges of foam star; let dry completely.
- 2. Trace star onto back of dot paper and cut out. Use craft-foam glue to adhere paper to front of foam star. Lightly color paper edges with paint pen; let dry.
- 3. Use embellishing glue to adhere bottle cap to center of star; set aside to dry.
- 4. Use compass to draw 5-1/2" circle onto card stock; cut out.
- 5. Measure and cut one 6" long striped-paper strip in each of the following widths: 3/8"; 1/4"; 5/8". Use glue stick toad here strips to circle; refer to photo for placement. Trim excess, following curved edges.
- 6. Punch one 3/4" circle from striped paper; glue to card stock above largest strip. Punch 1/4" hole through center of 3/4" circle. Loop ribbon through punched hole; knot ends.
- 7. Use craft-foam glue to adhere star to center of circle.