Peppermint Snow Angel
Download the Pattern (PDF)
Guardian angels don't come much sweeter than this one! Accented with candy-colored details and a soft smile Peppermint Snow Angel is a 'JOY' to create.
Completion time – 2 hours
Designer – Debra Quartermain
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- White fleece, 10" x 16"
- Red/white fabrics: striped, 6" x 12"; checked,
- 2" x 4"
- Sparkle felt, 9" x 12" sheets: red, one; white, tw
- Textured sparkle fibers, 1 yd. each: red; white
- Red embroidery floss
- Red pom pom, 1/4"
- White buttons, 1/4", two
- Black beads, 8mm, two
- Clear alphabet stickers: J; O; Y
- Cosmetic blush
- Serrated knife
- Candle stub or paraffin
- Compass or 1" circle template
- Embroidery needle
- Low-temp glue gun and glue sticks
- Thick, white craft glue
- 1. Wax serrated knife with candle stub or paraffin. Cut thin
slices from opposite ends of foam egg and one side of foam
ball. Glue flat side of ball to narrow end of egg for head.
- 2. Clean stray bits of foam from work surface before cutting
fabrics. Cut pattern pieces as indicated. For wings, cut two
from white felt on outline; cut one from red/white striped
fabric on dashed line. In addition, cut 10" x 11" rectangle
from fleece and three 1" circles from red/white checked
fabric, paying attention to position of checks. Glue fabric
circles to remaining red felt; trim felt just outside fabric edges.
- 3. Evenly wrap fleece rectangle cut in Step 2 around foam
head/body, overlapping fleece edges at back; glue fleece edges
to secure. Gather fleece evenly at top and bottom, pulling
tight; glue fleece to foam to secure. Trim excess fabric.
- 4. Wrap and glue collar tightly around neck to shape head.
Glue buttons to collar.
- 5. Refer to photo to create face. Use scissors point to make
two holes for eyes in foam, 3/8" apart. Glue beads in place,
pushing firmly into holes. Glue pom pom nose to face. Use
fingertip to apply blush to cheeks.
- 6. Use three strands red floss to stitch small, v-shaped
mouth. Bring embroidery needle from bottom of head, through
foam ball, to face. Stitch mouth through fleece only. To
finish, take floss back through foam ball to bottom of head;
knot and clip thread.
- 7. Glue sleeve and mitten pieces together in pairs. Refer to
sleeve pattern for mitten placement. Glue sleeves to sides of
body under head.
- 8. Glue felt wings together; center and glue striped wing on
top. Glue center of wings to back of head.
- 9. Adhere "JOY" letter stickers to fabric/felt circles. Tie
small bow with tails from red and white fibers. Glue red
fibers around edge of each "JOY" circle. Glue circles to bow
tails. Glue bow to mittens.
- 10. Twist fibers together and wrap around top of head for
halo; glue to secure.