Colorful Garden Topiaries
Unique wreath topiary adds a bold splash of color to floral-themed dï¿½cor. Group several sizes or go with a single dramatic focal point. Great for parties too!
Completion time – less than 1 hour
Designer – Diane Flowers
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- Block, 8" x 4" x 2"
- Cone, 18" x 5"
- Wreath, 10" x 2" x 2"
- Silk flowers: large red gerbera daisies, six; pink
- three; pink/red hydrangeas, three
- Moss: bright green; medium green
- Sturdy branch or bark-covered wooden dowel, 11" lo
- Metal container, 7" tall
- Serrated knife
- Candle stub or paraffin
- Floral shears or wire cutters
- Low-temp glue gun and glue sticks
- Thick, white craft glue
- 1. Wax serrated knife with candle stub or paraffin. Trim foam block to fit in bottom of container; use glue gun to secure. Cut large end from foam cone and push snugly into top of container; glue to secure. Save top of cone for another project.
- 2. Use glue gun to cover surface of foam wreath with bright green moss.
- 3. Use floral shears to trim all stems to 2" long. Refer to photo to glue and insert stems into wreath.
- 4. Insert branch or dowel into center bottom of wreath; glue to secure. Glue opposite end into center of foam-filled container.
- 5. Use glue gun to cover surface of foam in container with medium green moss.