Disc Drama Wall Art
Add a spot of color to your decor - or several! Various foam discs covered in luxuriously textured papers combine to create easy eye-pleasing custom artwork.
Completion time – 2-4 hours
Designer – Kathleen George
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- Discs: 12" x 1", five; 6" x 1", seven
- Scrapbook papers, 12" x 12" sheets: brushed silver
- brown velvet, two
- Coordinating velvet or grosgrain ribbons, 1" wide:
- pale gray, 5-1/2 yds.; brown, 5 yds.
- Round cookie cutter, 2"
- Putty knife, 1"
- Low-temp glue gun and glue sticks
- Liquid paper glue or stick-flat paste
- Small sawtooth hangers and nails or poster adhesiv
- 1. Trace foam discs onto appropriate papers and cut out circles.
- 2. Use cookie cutter to cut a hole from each 6" disc, varying
hole placement as desired. Trace hole onto 6" paper circles
and carefully cut out.
- 3. Use putty knife to spread thin, even coat of paste onto one
side of first foam disc, or apply liquid glue. Center one
paper circle on pasted foam; smooth paper with fingers. Repeat
to cover all foam discs. Let dry.
- 4. Beginning and ending at bottom edge of each disc, use glue
gun to secure ribbon around edges. Trim excess, allowing at
least 1" overlap. Cut ribbon or paper strips to cover
smaller, 2" holes in 6" discs; glue in place.
- 5. Refer to photo as guide to position and glue five small
discs to large discs; let dry flat.
- 6. Let dry completely before hanging. Arrange in rows or at
random and hang with poster adhesive. Or, glue sawtooth
hangers to top center back of each large disc and two
remaining small discs; dip nail ends into glue and insert into foam.