Fall Leaves & Textured Cube
Borrow Mother Nature's palette to decorate your home. Cover a cube of STYROFOAMâ„¢ Brand foam in plain textured wallpaper then paint it a mix of rich nature-touched shades.
Completion time – 2 hours
Designer – Diane Flowers
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- Acrylic paints: dark brown; burnt sienna; deep red
- Dried fall leaves/stems, one large bunch
- Dark green reindeer moss, one bag
- White, paintable textured wall covering
- (available by the roll in most hardware stores)
- Floral picks, 4", two
- Floral shears
- Medium flat paintbrush
- Water basin
- Paper towels
- Low-temp glue gun and glue sticks
- Thick, white craft glue
- 1. Trace cube sides and bottom onto back of wallpaper, noting desired pattern placement; center same pattern on each side before tracing. Cut out and glue paper to foam; leave cube top uncovered.
- 2. Use paintbrush to apply burnt sienna to one side of paper-covered cube. While wet, use paper towel to randomly add spots of deep red and dark brown. Repeat for each side and bottom; let dry. Add additional highlights as desired; let dry.
- 3. Use glue gun to cover foam ball with reindeer moss; let dry.Glue floral picks into bottom of ball; glue opposite ends into top of cube.
- 4. Trim leaf stems to 2" long. Apply glue to stems and insert into foam ball, completely covering ball with leaves. Spot glue individual leaves into visible gaps. Let dry.