Mossy Wall Art
Ahhhh . . . Create a peaceful retreat in just an hour or two using STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam and favorite floral design supplies. Green-and-white scheme defines 'serene.'
Completion time – 2 hours
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- Sheet, 36" x 12" x 1"
- (one sheet yields 3 squares);
- or three 12" x 12" x 1" squares
- Faux moss sheets, 14" x 14", three
- Serrated knife
- Candle stub or paraffin
- Dental floss (optional)
- Straight pins
- Carpenter's level
- Poster adhesive or small sawtooth hangers and nail
- Low-temp glue gun and glue sticks
- Thick, white craft glue
- Optional: Curly willow twigs and raffia or twine
- 1. If using 12" x 12" x 1" squares, skip to Step 2. Wax
serrated knife with candle stub or paraffin. Measure and cut
each foam sheet into three 12" squares. Or, use dental
floss: stand the sheet on its edge, and hold a 20" length of
dental floss along the scored line, positioning one hand at
the bottom of the board and the other at the top; draw the
dental floss down through the foam sheet along the scored line.
- 2. Cut 1" square from each corner of each faux moss sheet.
Apply glue to front and sides of first foam square and press
moss to glue, folding sides down. Use straight pins to hold
moss in place until glue sets. Repeat to cover remaining squares.
- 3. Use level and poster adhesive to secure squares to wall as
shown, or glue sawtooth hanger to top center back of each
square and hang with small nails.
- 4. For added interest, bundle curly willow twigs and hang
above Mossy Wall Art. Add short length of raffia or twine to
create illusion that Mossy Wall Art hangs from the bundled twigs.