Here's the perfect gift for every yarn lover! Use leftover yarn and eye-fooling mini 'needles' to transform a simple foam ball into a simply charming ornament.
Completion time – 1 hour
Designer – Kathleen George
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- Wooden items: 1/8" dowel, 12" length; wooden beads
- Electric pencil sharpener
- Thick, white craft glue
- 1. Glue yarn end to foam ball; secure with T-pin. Wrap yarn around ball in multiple directions to completely cover foam
and create smooth surface. When ball is completely covered, cut yarn and glue to ball; secure with pin.
- 2. Cut 8" length from yarn for hanging loop; knot ends together. Apply dot of glue to knot and push into top of ball
using dowel end or scissors point.
- 3. Cut two 6" lengths from dowel for needles. Holding dowels gently but firmly, sharpen one end in pencil sharpener. Glue
wooden beads onto unsharpened dowel ends. Carefully push needle points through ball at opposite angles as shown.