Golden Ornament Card
Take paper crafting to a new dimension with versatile STYROFOAM™ Brand foam. A foam ball recreates the look of a real ornament on this stamped greeting.
Completion time – 1 hour
Designer – Rebekah Meier
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- Foam-safe spray paint, metallic brass
- Paint pen, metallic gold
- Card stock: cream, one sheet; metallic gold scrap
- Paper, one sheet each: pink/metallic gold handmade
- "Merry Christmas" rubber stamp
- Watermark ink pad
- Gold embossing powder
- Embossing heat tool
- Pink ribbon, 1/4" x 1/4 yd.
- Cream pearl bead, 6mm
- Fine-gauge gold craft wire
- Serrated knife
- Candle stub or paraffin
- Scissors: standard; decorative-edge of choice
- Adhesives: glue stick; dimensional dots
- Thick, white craft glue
- 1. Cut 7" x 10" piece from card stock; score and fold to measure 5" x 7".
- 2. Cut 4-3/4" x 6-3/4" piece from pink paper; use glue stick
to adhere paper to center front of card, leaving 1/8"-wide border.
- 3. Use watermark ink pad to stamp sentiment onto cream card
stock. Shake embossing powder onto image and tap off excess.
Follow manufacturer's instructions to heat emboss image.
- 4. Use decorative-edge scissors to trim sentiment to desired
size. Use same scissors to cut slightly larger mat from gold
card stock; use two adhesive dots to join layers together. Use
glue stick to adhere sentiment to top front of card as shown.
- 5. Wax serrated knife with candle stub or paraffin; cut foam
ball in half. Tear small pieces from tissue paper and glue to
one foam half-ball, covering surface.
- 6. In well-ventilated area, follow manufacturer's instructions
to spray paint tissue-covered foam; let dry. Use white glue to
adhere ornament to front of card.
- 7. Cut 2" length from wire and bend into small loop. Glue
straight wire ends into hole in bead.
- 8. Tie ribbon into bow; trim ends as desired. Use white glue
to glue bead and ribbon to top of ornament.