Textured Cube & Roses
Who would guess that this intriguing textured container is made from a foam cube and textured paper! An easy affordable way to create the custom look you want.
Completion time – 2 hours
Designer – Diane Flowers
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- White, paintable textured wall covering (available
- hardware stores)
- Antique gold rub-on leafing
- Red roses, 11
- Bright green berries, four bunches
- Green reindeer moss, one small bag
- Red/gold ribbon: wire-edged organza, 2-1/2" x 1-1/
- 5/8" x 1-1/6 yds.
- Green floral wire
- Floral pins
- Floral pick, 4"
- Floral shears
- Paper towels
- Wire cutters
- Low-temp glue gun and glue sticks
- 1. Paying close attention to pattern placement,
trace foam cube five times onto back of wall covering.
Cut out squares. Glue squares to sides and bottom of cube.
- 2. Following manufacturer's instructions, rub small
amount of leafing over wall covering motifs to accent raised texture.
- 3. Cut two 20" lengths from 5/8"-wide ribbon.
Beginning and ending at center top of cube, wrap
ribbons in opposite directions around cube sides; pin
ends to secure. Use glue gun to completely cover top
of cube with reindeer moss.
- 4. Cut 6" length from wire. Shape 2-1/2"-wide ribbon length into six
or more loops; wrap wire around center of bow, twisting ends together.
Wrap wire around top of floral pick and insert 1" deep into center top of
- 5. Use floral shears to trim rose stems and insert into top of cube
around bow. Adjust bow loops to fill any gaps between roses.
- 6. Trim berry stems and separate into smaller bunches. Insert berry
bunches into foam between roses and around top edge of cube.
- 7. If desired, remove floral stems one at a time, apply glue to ends,
and reinsert into arrangement for added strength.