Vintage Paper Angel
Download the Pattern (PDF)
Unique textural combinations make this vintage holiday icon stand out from the rest of your collection. A foam cone serves as the perfect base for creative embellishment.
Completion time – 1-2 hours
Designer – Rebekah Meier
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- Vintage angel image
- Scrapbook paper, 12" x 12" sheets, one each:
- glittered floral; solid pale pink
- Feathered angel wings, one pair
- Narrow lace trim, 1 yd.
- Pearl beads, 4mm, 10
- Flat-backed crystal gem
- Clear, dimensional gloss medium
- Ultra-fine iridescent glitter
- Scissors: regular; decorative-edge
- Border craft punch
- Corsage pins, two
- Thick, white craft glue
- Color photocopier, or computer with scanner
- and color printer
- 1. Cut out angel image; remove wings, if necessary. Cut 1"-long slit on
each side of angel's sleeves.
- 2. Apply thin line of gloss medium across angel's head (for halo)
and along sleeve openings. Sprinkle medium with glitter;
set aside to dry completely.
- 3. Cut skirt pattern from floral paper; trim bottom edge with
scallop-edge scissors. Trace tip of cone onto remaining floral
paper; cut out and set aside. Wrap skirt around foam cone; pin
temporarily to secure.
- 4. Apply glue to bottom back of angel and adhere to top of
cone, tucking angel behind top edge of skirt. Remove pin and
glue skirt around cone, overlapping edges at back. Glue floral
circle to tip of cone.
- 5. Punch border strip from pink paper; trim to 3/4" x 5-1/2".
Wrap and glue strip around angel right below waist,
overlapping edges at back. Glue gem to front of waist.
- 6. Use heart-edge scissors to cut three 3/4" x 12" strips from
pink paper; piece strips together to create two 15"-long
strips. Wrap and glue strips around bottom of skirt as shown,
overlapping edges at back.
- 7. Wrap and glue lace around bottom of skirt just above heart
strips. Glue pearl beads to upper lace band.
- 8. Glue and insert wings into back of skirt behind angel's
body. Lightly sprinkle entire angel with glitter.