Download the Pattern (PDF)
A warm bath is not what little snowbabies beed – only ice water on tap today. Fuzzy fleece hats and sparkling snowflakes add fun color to wintry days.
Completion time – 2 hours
Designer – Lorine Mason
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- Balls: three 2"; six 1"
- Eggs, 2-1/2", three
- Mini metal washtub
- Fleece fabric scraps: orange/red; purple/pink; gre
- Pom poms: one 1/2" orange; two 1/2" green; assorte
- Assorted half-round beads, 5mm, one small bag
- Assorted snowflake sequins
- Powder blush
- Compass or 5" circle template
- Low-temp glue gun and glue sticks
- Fabric glue or thick, white craft glue
- 1. Glue 2" ball of STYROFOAM™(TM) brand foam to tip of foam egg
to create each snowbaby. Set aside.
- 2. Cut 5" x 5-1/2" piece from purple/pink fleece; refer to
Diagram 1 to cut fabric for hat. Fold hat in half, right sides
together; glue seam and let dry. Turn right side out. Fold up
1/2" along bottom edge of hat. Cut and glue several short
fleece strips to tip of hat.
- 3. Cut 3" x 5-1/2" piece from orange/red fleece for hat. Fold
hat in half, right sides together, to measure 2-3/4" x 3";
glue seams at side and top of hat and let dry. Turn right side
out. Fold up 1/2" along bottom edge of hat; glue orange pom pom to tip.
- 4. Cut 5" x 5-1/2" piece from green/yellow fleece; refer to
Diagram 2 to cut fabric for jester-style hat. With right sides
together, fold edges of hat to slightly overlap at center;
each triangular point should be folded in half, as well. Glue
seams, except along bottom edge, and let dry; turn hat right
side out. Fold up 1/2" along bottom edge of hat; glue green
pom poms to tips.
- 5. Glue hats to snowbabies' heads. Cut 1" x 6" strips from
fleece to create matching scarves; glue and tie scarves around necks.
- 6. Cut 5" circle from fleece of choice; cut an "x" through
center of circle. Place fleece into top of washtub and insert
snowbabies through slit. Remove snowbabies, apply glue to
bottom of each body, and then reinsert into washtub through
fleece; hold babies in place until glue dries. Trim excess
fleece, leaving 1/2" extending above edge of washtub.
- 7. Refer to photo to glue half-bead eyes and noses in place.
Use finger to blush cheeks. Glue tiny pom poms to snowflake
sequins; glue sequins to hats and washtub.