Elegant Christmas Rose Arrangement
Elegant vertical shape creates dramatic impact on holiday tables especially when displayed as a pair or trio. Display year round by replacing holly with other silk flowers.
Completion time – 1-2 hours
Designer – Diane Flowers
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- Blocks, 8" x 4" x 2", two
- Preserved green grass blades, two bunches
- Variegated holly with berries, two sprays
- Green reindeer moss, one bag
- Cream/white roses, three
- Cream/white loosestrife, two stems
- Serrated knife
- Candle stub or paraffin
- Fine-line black permanent marker
- Floral shears
- Low-temp glue gun and glue sticks
- Thick, white craft glue
- 1. Wax serrated knife with candle stub or paraffin. Glue foam
blocks together to create 8" x 4" x 4" block. Cut block to 6"
tall and 2-3/4" thick. Finished block should measure 6" x 4" x 2-3/4".
- 2. Measuring from tips, use scissors to trim grass blades to
various lengths between 6" and 8". Use glue gun to adhere blades to
long sides of block, aligning cut edges with bottom of block.
- 3. Use glue gun to cover top and base of block with moss. Glue
bits of moss to any gaps between grass blades.
- 4. Use floral shears to trim rose stems; insert into center top of block.
Trim loose strife and holly sprays; insert into block around roses.