Scandinavian Felt Cutwork Cone
Download the Pattern (PDF)
Warm-and-cozy Scandinavian style plays out over this topiary in festive holiday red and white. Simple foam cone is a versatile base for any design!
Completion time – 2 hours
Designer – Kathleen George
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- Felt, 14" x 14": red; white
- Wooden skewer or needle tool
- Scissors: straight blade; pinking shears
- Craft pins
- Air-soluble marker
- Transfer paper
- Thick, white craft glue
- 1. Print pattern halves and tape together, aligning pieces as
indicated; cut out pattern. Fold red felt in half and place
pattern on fold. Trace outermost pattern edge onto red felt
using air-soluble marker. Cut out cone cover.
- 2. Apply white glue to foam cone and wrap with red felt cut in Step 1,
aligning bottom edges of cone and felt. Spot glue seam to secure.
- 3. Use wooden skewer to make small hole in tip of cone. Place glue in
hole and use skewer to push excess felt into hole; secure with pins.
- 4. Use transfer paper to transfer design details to folded
white felt. Cut out shapes. In addition, use straight blade
scissors to cut the following strips from white felt: 1/2" x 12-1/2";
1/2" x 5"; 1/4" x 4". Glue shortest length around tip of cone.
- 5. Use pinking shears to trim one long edge of each remaining
white felt strip; glue around cone as shown. Refer to photo
and pattern to glue design details to cone; let dry.