Bright Green Marimekko Wall Art
Designer pros use accent pieces to liven up a neutral wall and made art with STYROFOAMâ„¢ Brand foam and vibrant fabric. This technique adds a lot of 'wow' for very little money and when you tire of it simply remove and replace the fabric.
Completion time – 2 hours
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- Sheets, 36" x 12" x 1", four
- Fabrics, approx. 2 yds.
- (yardage might vary based on the width and patter
- Yardstick or ruler
- Straight pins
- Poster adhesive or small sawtooth hangers and nail
- Low-temp glue gun and glue sticks
- 1. Cut four 18" x 42" panels from fabric, taking note of desired design placement. Center first foam sheet on back of fabric. Fold fabric around edges down, smoothly mitering corners. Pin fabric to back to secure. Spot glue as necessary.
- 2. Cover three remaining panels in same way.
- 3. Use poster adhesive to attach to wall. Or, glue sawtooth hangers to back of each panel; for additional hold, insert and glue two straight pins through holes in sawtooth picture hanger; let dry.
- 4. To change the look, simply remove pins and repeat Steps 1 and 2 with new fabric.