Garden Collage Wall Art
Coordinating scrapbook papers easily mix and match to create this stunning custom wall sculpture. STYROFOAM™ Brand foam makes it lightweight and super inexpensive.
Completion time – 3 hours
Designer – Kathleen George
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- Sheets: two 1" x 12" x 36"; one 1" x 12" X
- 12" sheet
- Scrapbook papers, 12" x 12", 7 - 10 sheets, heavie
- Acrylic craft paint, to coordinate with paper
- Paint brush
- Sharp pencil
- T-square, optional
- Utility knife with new blade or
- serrated kitchen knife and old candle
- Craft pins
- Craft sticks
- Hook & loop picture hangers
- Thick, white craft glue
- Low temp glue gun and glue sticks
- 1. Referring to cutting plan, use straight edge and pencil to mark cutting lines on 12" x 36" x 1" sheets of STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam.
- 2. Cut out pieces using a utility knife with a very sharp blade or a serrated kitchen knife; wax the knife blade with an old candle for easier cutting.
- 3. Paint all edges, including the 12" x 12" square, with acrylic craft paint. Let dry.
- 4. Cut scrapbook papers to fit foam pieces.
- 5. Spread a very thin, even layer of glue on foam piece and adhere corresponding paper; if needed, secure corners with craft pins till dry. Repeat till all foam pieces are covered. Let dry.(Hint: Papers might appear wavy at first, and will smooth out as the glue dries.)
- 6. Using low-temp glue, assemble the sculpture following the assembly diagram.
- 7. For additional reinforcement, glue craft sticks to reverse side to connect the pieces; be sure craft sticks are not visible from the front.