Tulip Wall Art
Personalize your space with favorite photos of friends family pets and the great outdoors. With our tips you'll find that STYROFOAM™ brand foam is an easy and inexpensive canvas for your photo display.
Completion time – 1-2 hours
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- Sheets: one 12" x 36" x 1" sheet; or three 12" x 1
- Photos: 10" x 10", three
- Scrapbook paper: 12" x 12", three
- Ribbon, 1" x 4-1/8 yds.
- Sharp pencil
- Serrated knife and old candle; or, dental floss
- Thick, white craft glue
- Straight pins (optional)
- Sawtooth picture hangers, three, or poster putty
(Note: Instructions are for three, 10" x 10" photos; however,
you can easily use the techniques below to create wall art for
photos of different sizes. Your local office supply store or
an online photo developer can print the photos for you.)
- 1. If using 12" x 12" x 1" squares, skip to Step #2. Using
ruler and pencil, score foam sheet to create three, 12" x 12"
squares. Wax serrated knife with an old candle. Holding foam
sheet firmly on a flat surface, extend one end and cut across
the score line, using knife like a saw. Or, try dental floss:
Stand the sheet on its edge and hold a 20" length of dental
floss along the scored line, positioning one hand at the
bottom of the board and the other at the top; draw the dental
floss down through the foam sheet along the scored line.
- 2. Spread white craft glue on foam square; center and glue
scrapbook paper to foam square. The scrapbook paper "frames"
the photo and serves as the photo matt. Spread glue on reverse
side of photo; center and adhere to scrapbook paper. Repeat
for two remaining photos. Optional: Place a heavy book on top
to hold down photo while glue dries.
- 3. Pin or glue ribbon around edges.
- 4. Hang pictures with poster putty. Or, glue sawtooth picture
hanger to back. For additional hold, insert and glue two
straight pins through holes in sawtooth picture hanger. Let
dry before hanging.