Satin & Sage Ribbon Ornaments
Luxurious ribbons treat balls of STYROFOAMâ„¢ Brand foam to an elegant makeover this holiday season. Package a single ornament in a satin-lined box for a precious gift.ï¿½
Completion time – 1 hour
Designer – Kathleen George
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- Ribbons: 1/2"-5/8" wide, 4 yds.; 5/8"-wide contras
- 1/8"-1/4" wide, 1 yd.
- Ribbon roses or other embellishments
- Craft pins
- Thick, white craft glue
- 1. Use pencil to draw a line around foam ball, dividing it in half. Draw a second line around ball in opposite direction, dividing it into quarters. Use lines as guides to keep ribbons straight and evenly spaced.
- 2. Cut several 13"-long strips from 4-yd. ribbon length.Beginning and ending near center top of ball, glue and pin first ribbon strip around ornament along "half" line drawn in Step 1.
- 3. Glue and pin second ribbon strip along "quarter" line.Continue gluing/pinning ribbons around ball, filling in spaces between first two ribbons, until entire surface is covered.
- 4. Glue and pin contrasting 5/8"-wide ribbon horizontally around ball center. If desired, cut two 12" lengths of narrow ribbon; glue around ball above and below wide ribbon.
- 5. Cut an 8" length from remaining narrow ribbon and glue ends together to form hanging loop. Glue and pin loop to top ofornament; glue ribbon rose over pin and to wide horizontal ribbon as desired.