Paper Rose Wreath
Download the Pattern (PDF)
Get this festive luxurious holiday look using wonderfully affordable materials. A wreath of STYROFOAM™ Brand foam scrapbook papers and pearl sprays are just waiting for your creativity!
Completion time – 2-4 hours
Designer – Kathleen George
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- Round Face Wreath, 12" x 2-1/2" x 1"
- Scrapbook paper, 12" x 12" sheets: four red;
- one white; three green; rose pink scraps
- White pearl sprays, five
- Wooden skewer
- Straight pins
- Scoring tool or bone folder
- Low-temp glue gun and glue sticks
- Thick, white craft glue
- Optional: Glue stick
- Optional: Square craft punches: 5/8"; 1/2"
Patterns based on Fold-it Swirls Template by Susan Niner and James
for Hot Off the Press
- 1. Cut several long, 1-1/2"-wide strips from one edge of green
paper. Wrap foam wreath with paper strips to completely cover
surface; secure ends to back of wreath using glue gun.
- 2. Trace 13 large and eight small rose patterns onto back of
red paper. Trace 13 small roses onto back of white paper.
Trace 18 leaves onto back of green paper. Cut out all shapes.
Score each leaf along line indicated and gently bend sides upward.
- 3. Cut eight 1/8" x 12" strips from green paper; tightly wind
strips around wooden skewer to curl and set aside.
- 4. Cut or punch thirteen 5/8" rose pink squares for centers of
large red roses. Cut or punch twenty-one 1/2" rose pink
squares for centers of small roses. Use white glue or glue
stick to adhere pink centers to center back of each rose; rose
petals will be folded toward backside to reveal front of paper.
- 5. For each flower, fold petals over toward back of paper.
Fold first two petals along lines indicated on pattern. When
folding second two petals, tuck petal under previously folded
petal. When all petals are folded and tucked, back of rose will form
a square and front will reveal center "circle" of rose-colored paper.
- 6. Gently fold opposite sides of leaf together, as indicated
by "X" on pattern, to make leaf cup and glue to secure. Use
thumb to "drag" leaf tip over side of wooden skewer to add
slight curve, if desired.
- 7. Using white glue and referring to photo as a guide, glue
large roses evenly spaced around wreath. Glue white roses
evenly spaced to wreath. Fill in spaces with small red roses.
Secure roses with straight pins as needed.
- 8. Glue leaves in and around roses. Spread out green curlicues
slightly and glue into wreath at random. Glue pearl sprays
evenly spaced around wreath.
- 9. Make a loop from a thin strip of leftover paper and glue to
center back of wreath for hanger.