Red Carnation Gift Packages
Festive foam-and-flower arrangements never wilt and will look good for years to come. For fun perch them under the tree! Change out the flowers and use for birthdays and other special occasions.
Completion time – 2 hours
Designer – Diane Flowers
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- Block, 18" x 12" x 2"
- Cube, 5"
- Silk flowers: red carnations, 80; white gerbera da
- Glittered red/green crystal bead stems, six
- White/red/green wire-edged holiday ribbon, 2-1/2"
- Floral shears
- Floral pins
- Serrated knife
- Candle stub or paraffin
- Low-temp glue gun and glue sticks
- Thick, white craft glue
- 1. Wax serrated knife with candle stub or paraffin. Measure
and mark one 8" square on foam block; cut out.
- 2. Use floral shears to trim carnation stems to 2" long and
daisy stems to 4" long. Insert carnations into top and sides
of foam square and foam cube, completely covering surface;
leave bottom of each foam shape uncovered. Spot glue stems
into foam to secure as needed.
- 3. Beginning at center top of each package, wrap ribbon around
shape and back up to top; cut excess and pin ends of ribbon to foam.
Repeat, wrapping ribbon in the opposite direction around foam shape.
- 4. Cut two 24" ribbon lengths and tie each into a loopy bow
with tails. Pin bows to top of each package.
- 5. Use floral shears to trim glittered ball stems to 12" long.
Bend stems into loops and insert three into each package top
around bows; spot glue stems into foam as needed. Glue and
insert one daisy into center top of each package.