Tissue & Ribbon Easter Eggs
Download the Pattern (PDF)
Color them once and enjoy them forever. Enchanting Easter 'eggs' are cleverly crafted from STYROFOAM™ Brand foam and pretty paper napkins.
Completion time – 1-2 hours
Designer – Kathleen George
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- Pastel tissue paper
- Coordinating ribbons, 1/4"-5/16" wide, 1 yd.
- of first color and 2 yds. of second color
- Wooden skewer
- Small disposable bowl
- Foam paintbrush
- Water basin
- Paper towels
- Craft pins
- Matte-finish dcoupage medium
- Thick, white craft glue
- 1. Cut pattern pieces from tissue paper, using a single color per egg.
- 2. Insert wooden skewer into center top of foam egg. Mark
center bottom of egg with small pencil hole.
- 3. Slightly thin white glue with very small amount of water in
- 4. Holding egg by skewer, apply thin layer of glue mixture
over one section of egg. Gently place tissue paper piece over
glued section and smooth down with soft, dry paintbrush or
fingertips. Use scissors to make small snips along edges so
piece will lay flat.
- 5. Continue until all paper pieces have been applied to egg,
allowing edges to slightly overlap. Place skewer in heavy
glass or dry to dry; let dry completely.
- 6. Apply one coat dcoupage medium to egg to seal and protect
tissue paper. Let dry completely. Remove skewer.
- 7. Make small pencil dots around center of egg to mark six
equal segments, each a bit wider than 1-3/4". Apply dot of
glue inside skewer hole in egg. Tuck one end of 1-yd. ribbon
length (color A) into hole with tip of skewer. Wrap ribbon
down around egg and back up to skewer hole; trim ends and push
into hole with tip of skewer. Continue with color A until all
six segment dots are covered. Pin ribbon in hole to secure
until glue dries.
- 8. Repeat Step 7 with color B, 2-yd. ribbon length, wrapping
it around egg on each side of first six ribbons. Trim and tuck
ends into skewer hole.
- 9. Tie small ribbon bow from remaining ribbon and glue to tip
of egg, hiding skewer hole.