Bright Green Topiary Trio
Showcase festive bright green topiaries in simple metal containers for maximum versatility. Wreaths of STYROFOAM™ Brand foam are the perfect canvas for holiday - and everyday - floral designs.
Completion time – 1-2 hours
Designer – Diane Flowers
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- Blocks, 8" x 4" x 2", two
- Wreaths, one each: 12" x 2" x 2";
- 10" x 2" x 2";
- 9" x 1-1/4" x 1-1/4"
- Metal containers, assorted heights, three
- Green daisies with dark centers, 24
- Laurel leaf stems, two
- Bright green faux apples, 1"-2" diameter, 11
- Olive green beaded grape or berry stems, 10
- Green metallic sequined stems, five
- Moss, one bag each: bright green; dark green
- Wooden dowels: 6" lengths, 17; brown, bark-covered
- Serrated knife
- Candle stub or paraffin
- Floral shears or wire cutters
- Floral pins
- Low-temp glue gun and glue sticks
- Thick, white craft glue
- 1. Wax serrated knife with candle stub or paraffin. Cut foam
blocks into small pieces to fill all three containers; secure
foam using glue gun.
- 2. Using glue gun, glue small bits of dark green moss to 10"foam wreath (berries), completely covering surface. Cover 9"foam wreath (apples) with bright green moss.
- 3. Using floral shears, trim all berry, leaf and floral stemsto 2" lengths.
- 4. Glue and insert beaded berry stems into front of 10" foamwreath. Arrange berries along front of wreath; insert floralpins to secure. Place 10" wreath upright on shortest
container. Insert three short dowel lengths through center
bottom of wreath into container foam to secure design. Use
glue gun to cover dowels and top of container with bits of
dark green moss. Pin or glue laurel leaf stems into
arrangement as shown.
- 5. Glue and insert daisy stems into front and sides of 12"foam wreath. Glue and insert top of bark-covered dowel intocenter bottom of wreath; glue and insert opposite end into
foam in tallest container. Use glue gun to cover foam in
container with bright green moss.
- 6. Using tip of floral shears, poke small hole in one side ofeach apple, varying position just slightly. Glue and twist oneshort dowel length into each apple; let dry. Using shears,
trim visible portion of each dowel to 2" length. Glue and
insert apples into front of 9" foam wreath. Secure wreath to
remaining container in same way as berry wreath; cover dowels
and top of container with bright green moss. Trim sequin stems;
glue and insert into bottom sides and around center of apple wreath.