Serene Seas Wall Art
Create calm in any room with elegant wall art panels dressed in shades of sea and sky. Simply cover sheets of STYROFOAM™ Brand foam with paper and ribbon. Easy!
Completion time – 1 hour
Designer – The Dow Chemical Company
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- Sheets, 36" x 12" x 1", three
- Cardstock-weight decorative papers, 12" x 12" shee
- three blue/green "wave";
- two each pale green, blue, pale blue solids
- Coordinating ribbon, 1" x 8-1/4 yds.
- Putty knife
- Straight pins
- Sawtooth picture hangers with nails
- Low-temp glue gun and glue sticks
- Thick, white craft glue
- 1. Use putty knife to spread thin, even coat of white glue on
front of first foam sheet. Refer to photo to carefully adhere
three sheets of paper to foam, butting edges against each
other just slightly; smooth paper with fingers.
- 2. Repeat Step 1 to cover all three foam sheets. If desired,
pin paper at corners as glue dries. (Hint: Papers may appear wavy at
first, and will smooth out as glue dries.) When dry, remove pins.
- 3. Cut three 99" ribbon lengths. Beginning and ending at one
lower corner, glue ribbons around foam sheets, allowing a bit
of overlap. Pin ribbon to foam until glue dries; remove pins.
(Hint: Foam is very forgiving; if paper does not exactly meet
foam edges, run edge of foam square along a tabletop, compressing foam.)
- 4. Glue sawtooth hanger ends to top center back of each panel.
Dip nail tips into glue and push firmly into foam through
hanger holes; let dry before hanging.