Thanksgiving Turkey Plaque
Download the Pattern (PDF)
Kids can help make this turkey using felt and STYROFOAM™.
Completion time – 1-2 hours
Designer – Kathy Wegner
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- 1- 8" disc
- 1- 3-13/16" x 2-13/16" ball
- 1- 12" x 18" -- copper
- 1- 5" x 7" -- gold
- 1- 1-1/2" x 2-1/2" -- red
- Shaggy Plush Felt:
- 1- 10" x 9" -- bronzed copper
- 1- 10" x 8" -- creamy white
- Acrylic paint - Peach
- 2- 8mm half round beads -- black
- 1- 1" bone ring
- Glue gun and glue sticks
- Invisible or matching thread
- Serrated knife (waxed with candle stub or paraffin
- Marker -- black
- Tracing paper
Don't stuff this bird--This tantalizing turkey is a delicious
display for hanging, not devouring! It's one goofy gobbler that
children and guests will love for the holiday!
- 1. Trace and cut patterns. Cut the following patterns
out of coordinating felt and shaggy plush felt:
*Wings-creamy white (cut one, then reverse pattern to
*Small tail-creamy white
*Large tail-bronzed copper
- 2. Cut (1) 12" square of copper felt.
- 3. Using knife, cut 1/4 off of egg so it has a flat
side. Paint egg peach, leaving flat side unpainted. Dry.
- 4. Using thumbs, press in sharp edges of 8" disc and place in
center of 12" copper square. Glue felt to back of disc and gather
with fingers to fit. Trim excess felt.
- 5. Using remaining copper felt, cut a half circle to fit half of
disc. Glue legs onto disc back. Glue half circle over leg ends.
- 6. Glue tail pieces together (small tail on top oflarge tail).
Glue tails on back of disc.
- 7. Using needle and thread, sew bone ring onto tail back,
approximately 3" from top center. (Leave top of ring loose).
- 8. Glue flat side of egg on disc, near top. Using marker,
draw nostrils on beak. Glue waddle, beak and bead eyes on
egg head. Glue wings on disc body.