Ghostly Halloween Windsock
Download the Pattern (PDF)
This ghostly delight is made from a sheet of STYROFOAM™ and torn fabric strips that flutter in the breeze.,
Completion time – 1-2 hours
Designer – Kathleen George
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- Acrylic paint, black
- 1 yd. of white cotton fabric
- 24" of black ribbon or string (for hanger)
- Sharp pencil
- Serrated knife or utility knife with sharp blade
- Wooden skewer, knitting needle or other tool with
- 1. Pin pattern onto foam sheet; trace around pattern with pencil. Cut out ghost with serrated knife or utility knife. It's easier to cut out each hand first, and then cut around individual fingers. (Hint: For smoother cuts, wax the knife blade with an old candle.)
- 2. Paint on face with black paint.
- 3. Cut or tear seven 3" wide fabric strips. Gather top of each strip in your fingers, and then use skewer or knitting needle to push strips into bottom edge of ghost. For extra holding power, place a dot of glue on fabric end before inserting in foam.
- 4. To add hanger, tie a knot in one end of ribbon or string, add a dab of glue, and push knot into top edge of ghost's head.
- 5. Hang ghost where a breeze will ruffle the fabric strips.