A Handful of Halloween Witches
Download the Pattern (PDF)
Double, double toil and trouble . . . our cackling clan is really no trouble at all and made from an old glove, foam balls, and scraps of felt, yarn and chenille stems.
Completion time – 1 hour
Designer – Kathleen George
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- Stretch glove, green
- Fiberfil stuffing
- Chenille stem, green (nose)
- Half round beads, 5mm black (eyes)
- Yarn, green and/or black (hair)
- Felt, black
- Acrylic craft paint, black
- Terracotta flower pot, small
- Heavyweight thread, black
- Spanish moss
- Preserved leaves
- Low temperature glue gun & glue sticks
- White craft glue
- Wooden skewer
- 1. Paint terra cotta pot black; let dry.
- 2. Insert a 1" ball of STYROFOAM Brand Foam into each finger of glove, and wiggle it to the tip of the finger. (HINT: If the glove will not flex, turn finger inside out, place ball at tip, and then pull finger over ball. Turn glove right side out.)
- 3. Lightly stuff the glove with fiberfill.
- 4. Gather the cuff of the glove together and fold the thumb toward the center. Attach glove cuff to the bottom the flower pot using a generous amount of low temp glue. Hold in place till glue sets.
- 5. Add small pieces of Spanish moss and a few leaves around the rim. Gently pull up witch heads so they stretch about the rim of the flower pot.
- 6. Using patterns, cut hats from black felt. Roll crowns into cones and glue at the back. Run a thin bead of white glue around the bottom edge of each cone; center and glue to felt brims. Let dry.
- 7. Curve 3/4" length of chenille stem to form a hooked nose; make five noses. Using wood skewer, make a hole in each witch head for the nose. Add glue to hole and insert chenille stem.
- 8. Glue on half round black beads for eyes.
- 9. Glue gray or black yarn to heads for hair. Tops of heads will be covered by hats and can be left bare. Glue hats onto heads.