1. Cut four, 1-1/4” x 58” denim strips. For more frayed edges, roll fabric between hands. Glue one end of fabric strip to back of wreath and wrap around wreath, overlapping edges. When finished, glue other end to back of wreath. If needed, use pins to hold fabric ends in place till glue dries. Repeat with additional strips till wreath is covered (depending on how tightly you wrap your wreath, you will have some fabric leftover).
2. To make large fabric flowers (refer to the flag fabric photos in photo), cut 1-1/2” x 8” fabric strips. Using sewing machine or with needle and thread, baste along long edge. Gently pull on bobbin thread to gather fabric. Fabric will curl into a circle, forming flower. Overlap ends and glue. To make smaller flowers, use a 1” wide fabric strip.
3. To make large ribbon flowers (refer to the red bandana flowers in the photo), repeat Step 2, using an 8” length of ribbon. To make smaller ribbon flowers, trim a 7” length of ribbon to 1” wide. Baste and gather as in Step 2.
4. Arrange flowers on wreath, pinning in place till you like your arrangement; glue flowers to wreath. Glue buttons in flower centers.
5. To hang the wreath, fold a 3/8” x 8” length of ribbon in half. Pin and glue to back of wreath.
Form No. 179-11593