Silver Starburst Centerpiece Tree
Silver paint and glitter transform toothpicks and foam balls into sophisticated centerpiece.
Completion time – 2-4 hours
Designer – Kathleen George
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- Toothpicks, 50 per ball
- Spray paint, silver (read label to be sure it's fo
- Glitter spray, silver (read label to be sure it's
- Curling ribbon, silver
- Star garland, silver
- Miniature glass ornaments, 12 - 14
- 1. To make starburst ornaments, dip one end of each toothpick in
glue and insert 3/8" - 1/2" deep into foam ball; you'll need
approximately 50 toothpicks per ball.
- 2. Spray paint starbursts silver; let dry. Spray starbursts with glitter spray.
- 3. Arrange eight starbursts in a circle; arrange five starbursts
in second layer, pressing toothpicks gently into the first layer
for stability. Repeat, adding three starbursts for the third
layer. Top tree with single starburst. (Depending on the size of
your starbursts, and the size tree you'd like, you may choose to
add additional starbursts.)
- 4. Decorate tree: loosely wrap star garland around tree; curl
strands of curling ribbon and place on tree; hang mini glass
ornaments from toothpicks.