Glamorous Gifts Tree
Gift yourself and your surroundings with holiday glamour when you decorate this versatile foam tree. For weddings or other parties choose monochromatic schemes of gold ivory or white.
Completion time – 2-4 hours
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- Block, 12" x 12" x 1/2"
- Stak Tree*, 18"
- Dk. green acrylic paint
- Glass ball ornaments, assorted matte and shiny col
- 100; 1", approx. 15
- Ribbon: wire-edged, color of choice, 1" x 1/2 yd.;
- metallic colors, 1/8" wide
- Coordinating gift wrap, several different colors/p
- Serrated knife
- Candle stub or paraffin
- Fine-line black permanent marker
- Medium flat paintbrush
- Disposable palette
- Water basin
- Paper towels
- Transparent tape
- Low-temp glue gun and glue sticks
- Thick, white craft glue
Note: The Stak Tree is available for purchase online at
STYROFOAM™-Chenille or The Craft Place.
- 1. Follow manufacturer's instructions to assemble foam tree.
Paint tree dk. green; let dry.
- 2. Cut several 1-1/2" squares from 1/2"-thick foam block. Wrap
blocks like little gifts; tie with ribbons. Set aside gifts.
- 3. Working from bottom up, glue 2-1/2" ornaments around tree
in staggered, horizontal rows. Apply glue to upper side of
each ornament near cap. Fill in spaces with smaller ornaments.
- 4. Tie 1"-wide ribbon into bow around top of large ornament;
glue ornament to top of tree. Glue packages to tree as desired.