Seashell & Beach Glass Candle Rings
Line a beachfront pathway or set a gorgeous seaside table with these stunning nature-inspired centerpieces. Add a little white play sand and any location becomes an ocean-view retreat.
Completion time – 1 hour each
Designer – Jann Johnson
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- Wreath, 6" x 1-1/4" x 1-1/4"
- Votive candle
- Low-temp glue gun and glue sticks
- Thick, white craft glue
- Shell/Glass Rings (front, left center):
- Seashells, 2" or smaller, about nine assorted pair
- Sea glass, 1" or smaller, pale blue/green/white as
- Shell/Starfish Ring (top right):
- Shells: whole tellin or scallop, about 18; 3/4" tu
- Small starfish, five
- Optional: Matte-finish white spray paint
Shell/Glass Rings -
- 1. Wash and dry shells and sea glass if needed.
- 2. For formal look (front), glue pairs of shells to foam
wreath, opposite one another. Begin with largest shells,
moving to smallest. Fill spaces between shells with sea glass.
- 3. For more casual, natural look (left center), glue a
favorite large shell to wreath, then surround with smaller
shells and sea glass. Continue until entire top of wreath is
covered. Glue sea glass to inner and outer foam edges.
Shell/Starfish Ring -
- 1. For starfish ring (top), paint turrid shells white if
desired; let dry. Glue shells around wreath edge, close
together with points up; let dry.
- 2. Glue large shells to top of wreath, facing one direction
and slightly overlapped. Glue starfish to top of shells as shown. Let dry.