Jeweled Ribbon Topiary
Beautiful ribbons shimmering beads and a little creative abandon are all you need to make this sophisticated topiary. One easy technique provides endlessly elegant results!
Completion Time -
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- Ball, 1-1/2"
- Cone, 15" x 4"
- Brass candlestick, 8" tall
- Ribbons, 6 yds. each: 2-1/2" variegated gold/burgundy wire-edged;
- 1-1/2" sheer gold
- Violet/blue fiber assortment
- (find in paper crafting section at craft store)
- Craft wire: 24-gauge blue; 28-gauge gold
- Pink beaded fringe, 2" x 1/3 yd.
- Assorted beads, jewels and gems
- Wooden floral pick
- 1. Wrap foam cone with variegated ribbon, covering surface.Twist and turn ribbon to create highly textured surface. Dipseveral straight pins in glue and insert into cone to secureribbon. Cut one 1 yd. length from sheer ribbon and set aside;spiral wrap remaining sheer ribbon around cone, then foamball, in same way as variegated ribbon.
- 2. Glue and insert floral pick into ball; glue pick into topof cone as shown.
- 3. Spiral wrap cone with fibers; spot glue to secure. Spiralwrap cone with gold wire; glue and insert wire ends into coneto secure. Wrap ball with gold wire in same way.
- 4. Cut 48" length from blue wire. Wrap wire around pencil tocurl. Thread wire with beads and gems as desired, twistingwire around beads to secure. Glue and insert one wire end intocone, then randomly wrap wire around cone, securing withpearl-head pins inserted through some beads. Glue free wire end into cone.
- 5. Glue and pin bead fringe around cone base. Center and presscone onto top of candlestick. Remove cone, apply glue, thenreplace cone on candlestick; let dry.
- 6. Bend 1 yd. sheer ribbon length cut in Step 1 into loopybow; wire center of bow to candlestick base. Cut and bend 24"blue wire length into second bow; wire to first bow. Gluebeads or jewels to center of bow. Curl wire ends and trimribbon ends in a "v".*Trademark of The Dow Chemical Company
Inspiration: Make our Projects
Inspiration: Read our Blog