Wrap'em Up Snowman
Wrap 'em Up Snowman
Completion Time -
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- Balls: 3", 4", and 5", one each
- 1/4" white cotton cord, approx. 25 yd.
- Black, doll-size top hat
- Felt: cranberry, 18" x 2"; rose, 3" square
- 9mm black bead eyes, two
- 3/16" wooden dowel, 1" length
- Acrylic paint, orange
- Dark red pearl cotton
- Flat wood-tone buttons, four
- 1. Wax serrated knife with a candle stub or paraffin. Cut a smallslice from top and bottom of 4" and 5" foam balls to flattenslightly. Cut a small slice from bottom only of 3" ball. Hot gluefoam balls together in graduated sizes to form snowman (see photo).
- 2. Using white craft glue, wrap and glue cord around snowman tocover, starting at bottom and working toward center top of head.Insert straight pins periodically to further secure cord.
- 3. For each arm, cut and align six 11" lengths of cord. Knot cordstogether 1" from one end. Glue knot and let dry. Braid cords toopposite end and then tightly wrap with masking tape to secure.
- 4. Use point of scissors to form holes in opposite sides ofsnowman's upper body to attach arms (see photo). Squeeze glue ineach hole and then insert taped ends of arms, pressing in placeuntil secure.
- 5. Sharpen one end of wooden dowel to a point with utility knifeor pencil sharpener. Paint dowel orange for carrot nose and let dry.
- 6. Cut two approx. 1/2"-3/4" circles from rose felt for cheeks.
- 7. Using photo as a guide, glue bead eyes close together tosnowman head. Insert blunt end of nose into foam centered beloweyes and spot glue to secure. Glue cheeks to face. Glue a lengthof dark red pearl cotton in a smile between felt cheeks.
- 8. Tie 18" x 2" strip of cranberry felt around snowman neck andknot on one side for scarf. Glue buttons down center front ofupper body. Glue top hat slightly angled on head. If desired, glueone hand to hat brim as if tipping hat.
Inspiration: Make our Projects
Inspiration: Read our Blog