Christmas Greetings Mitten Wreath
Crisp red white and green mittens wave a cheery 'hello'.
Completion Time -
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- Sheet, 12" x 18" x 1/2"
- Balls: 19 1/2"; six 1"; two 1-1/2"
- Artificial pine wreath, 14"
- Fabric, ten 6" x 6" squares, bright colors and patterns
- Bias tape, 4 yds. x 1/2", single fold
- Trims: scraps of ribbons, braid, lace, bias tape, buttons
- Textured snow paint
- Paintbrush, #9 flat
- 1. Cut out mitten pattern. Place pattern on foam sheet and using sharp pencil, trace around pattern ten times. Wax knife blade with old candle and cut out mittens.
- 2. Place each mitten on a fabric square; trace around mittens and cut out fabrics. Hint: for variety, turn some mittens over before tracing, so mittens will face in the opposite direction. Glue fabric to mittens.
- 3. Cut ten, 15" lengths of bias tape. Glue around outside edge of each mitten. Arrange mittens on wreath, with wrists toward the center. Glue mittens to wreath.
- 4. Decorate each mitten with bows, ribbon, lace, and buttons (refer to photo for suggestions).
- 5. Insert toothpick into each foam ball; use toothpick as handle and coat each ball with textured snow paint. Insert toothpick in scrap piece of foam while paint dries.
- 6. Glue 1-1/2" snowballs to opposite mittens, as shown. Glue 1" balls evenly spaced around outer edges of wreath; glue 1/2" balls randomly to wreath, filing in spaces where needed.
Inspiration: Make our Projects
Inspiration: Read our Blog