Funky Phone Frame
Hot pink polka dot phone frames a favorite photo.
Completion Time -
Annabelle Keller, SCD, CPD
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- 1- sheet, 1" x 12" x 36"
- 1- square, 4" x 4" x 1/2"
- Plaster or spackling compound
- Acrylic paint: fuchsia pink, light pink, white Artist Gesso
- Water-based gloss varnish
- 1. Pin patterns for phone base and handset to 1" thick foam sheet;pin pattern for dial ring to 1/2" foam square. Using serratedknife, cut out foam pieces. (Hint: For smoother cuts, wax theknife blade with an old candle.) Sand rough edges with a scrappiece of foam. Sand to round and shape the edges of phone base and handset.
- 2. Using fingers, smooth a thin coat of plaster or spacklingcompound onto foam shapes; let dry. Lightly sand. If not yetsmooth, cover with another coat of plaster or spackling compound;let dry and sand.
- 3. Coat all pieces with Artist Gesso; let dry. Sand smooth.
- 4. Paint phone and hand set fuchsia pink; paint dial ring lightpink; let dry. Using pencil eraser, paint white dots on phone; letdry. Apply three coats of varnish to each piece.
- 5. Center dial ring over photo; cut 3" circle from photo. Centerand glue photo to back of dial ring.
- 6. Glue hand set to top of phone and dial ring to the front.
Inspiration: Make our Projects
Inspiration: Read our Blog