Punch Quilt Flag
Celebrate Independence Day with this 8' x 10' American Flag quilt.
Completion Time -
Annabelle Keller, Courtesy of Kathie Stull of Hands On Crafts For Kids
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- 44/45" wide cotton fabric: 1- 1/8 yd Blue, 1- 1/3 yd
- White and 1- 5/8 yd Red
- 44" of 7/8" red Grosgrain ribbon
- 1-1-1/2" Picture hanger with nails
- 1. Measure and draw the flag design on the STYROFOAM™ as shownon the diagram. Copy the star pattern onto a piece of paper,cut out. Pin in place in the center of the 4" x 5" section ofthe STYROFOAM™. Trace around with a marker, then remove.
- 2. Cut a 9" x 11" piece of red fabric and set aside. Cutremaining red, blue and white fabric into 1-1/2" strips. Cutthe strips again into 1-1/2" squares.
- 3. Spread a thin layer of glue inside the star outline. Placea piece of white fabric over the end of the pencil then, usingthe pencil as a tucking tool, push the fabric about 1/4" intothe STYROFOAM™. Placing the fabric tufts about 1/2" apart fillthe star with white. Using the same technique fill the area aroundthe star with blue fabric tufts and stripes with red and white.
- 4. Glue large piece of red fabric on the back with the excesson the sides, then glue ribbon around the edge.
- 5. Glue the hanger to the center back of flag 1" below top.Place glue on nails and push thru holes into flag.
Inspiration: Make our Projects
Inspiration: Read our Blog