Beautifully wrapped and beribboned 'packages' are an easy centerpiece; vary the gift wrap for a baby shower or birthday party topiary.
Completion Time -
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- Sheet, 1" x 12" x 36", two**
- **Note: Smaller sheets can be used. If different sizes
- are used, see Step 1 to determine quantities.
- Clay pot, 5"
- Gift wrap, bridal
- Acrylic craft paint: white wash, white pearl, gold
- Spray paint, gold glitter
- Ribbon, 1-1/2" x 4 yds, wired
- Silk bridal sprays, 11 small
- Pearl & floral streamers, four
- Floral wire, 6", cloth-covered
- Sea sponge, small
- 1. Wax knife blade with an old candle. Cut from sheets of STYROFOAMâ„¢ brand foam three squares in each of the following sizes: 9", 8", 3". Cut two 5" squares. Stack and glue foam squares together, creating ï¿½ï¿½packages". Sand rough edges with a scrap of foam.
- 2. Wrap packages. Stack and glue packages together, turning packages on an angle (refer to photograph).
- 3. Paint pot with two coats of white wash; let dry. Lightly sponge with white pearl and gold paints.
- 4. Using 3 yds of ribbon, make a six-loop bow with 12" loops and 18" tails; secure with wire. Using remaining ribbon, add two more 18" tails.
- 5. Center and glue packages to rim of flowerpot. Glue bow to top. Glue three floral sprays to center of bow and four pearl/floral streamers under bow. Glue floral sprays on corners of middle and bottom packages.
- 6. Spray completed topiary with gold glitter.CAUTION: Handle assembled topiary by pot only
Inspiration: Make our Projects
Inspiration: Read our Blog