Giant, Fantasy Stick Puppets
From dragons to aliens kids have a blast making imaginative larger-than-life stick puppets.
Completion Time -
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- Wooden dowel, 7/16" x 30"
- Acrylic craft paint, assorted colors
- Craft foam: assorted colors
- Construction paper, assorted colors
- Embellishments (optional): 1", 2" and 2-1/2" balls of STYROFOAM brand foam;
- yarn; buttons; ribbons; trims;
- wiggle eyes; chenille stems; drinking straws; tissue
- paper; toothpicks; candy cups; pom poms; felt
- 1. Insert skewer, pencil or chopstick in foam ball to use ashandle. Paint foam ball color of your choice. Let dry.
- 2. Place head on large mouth jar and get ready to decorate! Bluepuppet sports spiral hair cut from orange craft foam; ears madefrom a foam ball cut in half; a nose made from a foam ball; andmouth, cheeks and eyes cut from craft foam. His green tie is madefrom craft foam and decorated with foamie polka dots. The purpleteddy bear has a muzzle, nose and ears made from foam balls; herhairbow and collar made from craft foam, as are her eyes andcheeks.Other Suggestions:
- 3. Hair: insert pieces of yarn, drinking straws or chenille stemsinto top of head.
- 4. Eyes and nose: Cut from craft foam or construction paper, orglue on foam balls, wiggle eyes, candy cups, buttons, pom poms.
Inspiration: Make our Projects
Inspiration: Read our Blog