Create these fanciful fish to decorate your next pool party orto add a tropical flair to any outdoor event!
- 1. Spray balls and one large and one small disc CornflowerBlue. Spray remaining disc Navy Blue. Spray eggs SunflowerYellow. Let dry thoroughly.
- 2. Short Fringe: Cut across folded tissue paper 7" from thetop. Fold this section in half to 3 1/2" wide. With decorativescissors, on the unfolded edge, cut 1/2" strips to makefringe. Repeat procedure with two or three other colors. LongFringe: Cut a 16" piece from folded tissue paper for the tail.Fold in half to 8" wide. Cut 1/2" fringe strips on theunfolded end. Repeat with another color.
- 3. Glue fringe on egg starting at the wide part of the egg,about 1/3 of the way from the end. Apply glue around egg.Position fold of fringe over glue, then wrap folded end oftissue around egg, pressing into glue. Repeat procedure withanother color of fringe offsetting fold about 1/2" from thefirst. Continue gluing fringe around egg until just the top1/3 of the egg is showing.
- 4. Gather fringe for tail and twist folded end. Poke a hole atthe bottom of the egg with a pencil, squirt glue in hole, theninsert folded end of fringe in hole. Let glue dry.
- 5. Cut a 6" piece of chenille. Coil into a tight circle, thenfold in half. Poke a slit at the front of the fish, theninsert chenille mouth. Glue large wiggle eyes on big fish andsmaller eyes on remaining fish. Bend the bottom 2" of the wirein a "L" shape. Insert small end of wire into fish above mouth(you can secure with a little glue, if desired). Glue ballbubbles on wire. Insert one end of dowels into bottom of fish,then the other end into the foam discs.