Feather & Mushroom Wreath
Looking for something different to liven up your interior? This rich-looking yet easy wreath captures natural beauty with exceptional style.
Completion Time -
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- Wreath, 12" x 2-1/4" x 2"
- Dried naturals, three each: mushrooms w/stems; natural okra;
- artichokes w/stems
- Pheasant feathers: 16" long, six; 6" long, 10
- Green reindeer moss, one bag
- Porcupine grass, 10 stems
- Fine-gauge floral wire
- Floral pins, two
- 1.Use glue gun or craft glue to cover entire foam wreathwith reindeer moss. Let dry.
- 2. Use wire cutters or floral shears to trim artichoke stemsto 2" long. Glue and insert artichokes into bottom of wreath,forming semi-circle.
- 3. Glue and insert largest mushroom into outside bottom edgeof wreath, below center artichoke, as shown. Glue and insertsmallest mushroom into wreath in front of largest mushroom.Glue and insert remaining mushroom into inside bottom edge ofwreath, behind center artichoke.
- 4. Glue and insert okra into inside bottom edge of wreath,behind mushroom. Trim okra as needed so tips do not extend above top of wreath.
- 5. Glue and insert five porcupine grass stems behind each sideartichoke, trimming length as needed.
- 6. Glue and insert long feathers into outside bottom edge ofwreath, centered behind largest mushroom.
- 7. Glue and insert six short feathers into wreath betweenartichokes and medium-sized mushroom. Glue and insertremaining short feathers into wreath below artichokes as shown.
- 8. For hanger, cut 10" length from wire. Fold wire in half andtwist ends together to secure. Insert wire ends into top backof wreath. Secure each wire end with floral pin. Glue smallpieces of reindeer moss to any exposed pins or stems. Let conedry completely before hanging.
Inspiration: Make our Projects
Inspiration: Read our Blog