Use your scrapbooking stash to create 3D memory cubes for loved ones. Display favorite photos and fun facts about babies graduates or brides. Build a family tree or create unique place cards.
Completion Time -
1 hour each
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- Scrapbook papers: one 12" x 12" background sheet; assorted scraps
- Alphabet stickers, die cuts, or rub-on letters
- Decorative-edge scissors, assorted
- Craft punches, assorted
- Color photocopy of desired photo(s)
- 1. Cut two 3-1/2" squares and one 3" x 12" strip frombackground paper. Note: A personal paper trimmer makes thisstep quick and easy.
- 2. Center and glue 3-1/2" squares to top and bottom of foamcube. Clip corners and fold excess paper to sides of cube;glue to secure. Pin paper to cube until glue dries; remove pins.
- 3. Wrap 12" paper strip around cube sides, gently creasingpaper to mark corners. Remove strip and fold corners to createcrisp edges. Glue paper around cube. Note: If using papertrimmer, insert scoring blade and gently score strip every 3", then fold.
- 4. Trim and glue photo(s) to one or more sides of cube. Cutassorted strips and other shapes from scrapbook papers usingdecorative-edge scissors; glue to cube. Punch shapes and glueto cube; use both punched shape and strips/blocks of negative image left behind.
- 5. Add name to cube using word-processing software, letteringstickers or rub-ons, or your own handwriting for a verypersonal touch. Add dimensional embellishments as desired.
Inspiration: Make our Projects
Inspiration: Read our Blog