Milk Bottle Cap Ornament
Get even the littlest hands involved with this environmentally-friendly holiday project. Recycled plastic bottle caps make fun mini-frames for playful holiday papers.
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- Recycled red and green milk bottle caps, 16
- Holiday scrapbook papers of choice
- Ribbon: red double-sided satin, 1/8" x 1/4 yd.;
- holiday taffeta, 1/2" x 1/3 yd.
- 1. Wash and dry all bottle caps. Use glue gun to glue two bottle caps to opposite sides of foam ball, rim up or down asdesired. Glue remaining bottle caps to ball, evenly spaced around first two. Fill in empty areas with remaining bottlecaps as needed.
- 2. Punch circles from scrapbook papers to decorate caps; use 1" punch for inside cap and 1-1/4" punch for top of cap.Note: If craft punches are unavailable, use compass and pencil to draw circles on back of paper; cut out with scissors.Use white glue to adhere circles to caps.
- 3. Knot ends of 1/8"-wide ribbon. Place dot of glue on knot and use skewer to push knot into top of ornament. Tieremaining ribbon into bow; glue to base of hanging loop.If you enjoyed this project, look here for more inspiring ideas:Mod Cube OrnamentTeacher's Pet OrnamentMolded Christmas Ornament
Inspiration: Make our Projects
Inspiration: Read our Blog