Christmas Carol Ornament
Be sure you know the score this Christmas! Wrap your favorite musical score around a foam ball for an easy original ornament perfect for carol-lovers everywhere.ï¿½
Completion Time -
1 hour each
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- Christmas carol sheet music or photocopy
- Artificial berry or holly pick
- Decoupage medium
- White/iridescent glitter
- Silver jingle bells, 1", two
- Sheer white/iridescent ribbon, 1/2" x 1/3 yd.
- Silver cording
- 1. Cut title from sheet music and cut rest of page into 1-1/2"squares. Insert wooden skewer into bottom of foam ball to use as handle.
- 2. Follow manufacturer's instructions to apply decoupagemedium to small area of ball and to back of one paper square.Smooth paper onto ball; if paper won't lay flat, cut tinyslits into paper edges and press to ball. Cover entire ball insame way, overlapping paper edges.
- 3. Trim music title as desired and glue to ball in visiblelocation; place skewer in heavy glass or jar to dry. Applygenerous coat of decoupage medium to entire ball; while wet,sprinkle with glitter. Let dry. Remove skewer.
- 4. Cut 8" length from cording; knot ends for hanging loop. Useskewer tip to make small hole in center top of ornament. Applyglue to cording knot and use skewer to push knot into hole.Tie ribbon bow and glue to base of hanger.
- 5. Cut two 6" lengths from cording and tie a jingle bell toone end of each length. Place dot of glue into hole at bottomof ornament and use skewer to push cord ends into hole. Gluesmall bit of greenery to ornament to cover hole.If you enjoyed this project, look here for more inspiring ideas:Bottle Cap Christmas Tag
Inspiration: Make our Projects
Inspiration: Read our Blog