Star Song Ornaments
These glittery paper-covered foam stars will make your tree 'sing'. Make extra stars to tie on packages hang in windows decorate the mantel or embellish a wreath.
Completion Time -
1 hour each
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- Stars: 9" x 1"; two 4" x 1/2"; 6" x 1/2"
- Paper: sheet music; white card stock, 8-1/2" x 11", four sheets
- Fine silver glitter
- Silver eyelet
Triple Layer Star -
- 1. Photocopy sheet music onto two pieces of card stock. Trace9" and 6" foam stars onto separate sheets. Use pinkingscissors to cut out stars 1/8" beyond traced lines.
- 2. Use white glue to adhere 1/2"-wide ribbon around edges of6" and one 4" foam star. Apply generous layer of glue to 4"star and sprinkle with glitter; let dry.
- 3. Glue glittered star to 6" paper star and paper star to 6"foam star. Glue 6" foam star to largest paper star.
- 4. Set eyelet in star tip. Thread 1/8" ribbon through eyelet;knot ends for hanging loop.Double Layer Star -
- 1. Photocopy sheet music onto two pieces of card stock. Trace9" foam star onto each sheet; cut out and glue paper pieces tofront and back of foam star.
- 2. Apply generous layer of glue to 4" foam star and sprinklewith glitter; let dry. Glue 1/2"-wide ribbon around staredges. Glue small star to center of large star.
- 3. Cut several 1"-wide strips from remaining card stock. Gluestrips around foam edge, piecing strips as needed to cover foam.
- 4. Apply thin line of glue around front edge of 9" star andsprinkle with glitter; shake off excess. Repeat as needed. Letdry completely.If you enjoyed this project, look here for more inspiring ideas:Bridal Gown OrnamentPaper Star Topiary
Inspiration: Make our Projects
Inspiration: Read our Blog