Loopy Paper Wreath
Little hands and big ones will have tons of fun with this paper-embellished wreath. Sparkling foam balls make darling mini ornaments tucked among the faux greenery.
Completion Time -
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- Balls, 1", 24
- Beveled Wreath, 12" x 2" x 1"
- Block or Sheet, scrap
- Origami paper, four sheets each: yellow green; dark green
- Bright green construction paper, two sheets
- Ultra-fine glitter: hot pink; green; silver
- Green floral wire
- 1. Spray dark green origami paper with spray adhesive; adhereyellow green sheets to dark green, creating double-sided paper.
- 2. Use paper trimmer to cut double-sided paper andconstruction paper into 1" x 5" strips. (Or, measure stripswith ruler and cut with scissors.) Use white glue to glue eachstrip into a loop; alternate outside color on origami paper loops.
- 3. Use glue gun to glue loops to foam wreath; white glue mayalso be used, but loops will need to be pinned in place. Gluealternating shades of green onto wreath, overlapping loopsapproximately 1/2" to completely cover foam.
- 4. Glue toothpicks into foam balls. Spread generous amountwhite glue onto each ball and roll in glitter; make 12 to 14green, five or six pink, and five or six silver balls. Placetoothpicks into scrap foam to let glue dry.
- 5. Refer to photo to insert ornament toothpicks into wreath.If toothpicks don't go in easily, first poke hole throughpaper loop with needle or needle tool.
- 6. Cut 5" length from wire. Twist ends together to formhanging loop. Glue loop to top center back of wreath.If you enjoyed this project, look here for more inspiring ideas:Bottle Christmas TagMod Cube OrnamentO Sweet Christmas Wreath
Inspiration: Make our Projects
Inspiration: Read our Blog