Glamorous Winter Wreath
Gild your winter welcome in silver crystal and pearls. Create this unique wreath form then cover in snow-like batting and affordable bead garlands. Instant luxury!
Completion Time -
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- Blocks, two each: 12" x 4" x 2"; 8" x 4" x 2"
- Quilt batting
- Assorted silver/crystal/pearl bead garlands, 9', three
- Floral pins
- 1. Wax serrated knife with candle stub or paraffin. Cut eachfoam block to measure 3" wide; discard scraps.
- 2. Cut four 2" lengths from wooden skewers. Use glue gun toglue one skewer halfway into each narrow end of 8" blocks.Place blocks vertically on work surface, 6" apart, withskewers extending toward top and bottom.
- 3. Apply hot glue to exposed skewer ends and push into sidesof 12" blocks near ends, creating 14" x 12" x 2" wreath frame.
- 4. Wrap frame with batting; use glue gun to secure batting atfoam sides and corners.
- 5. Refer to photo to wrap bead garland evenly around frame,leaving 24" lengths free at top center back of frame. Use gluegun and floral pins to secure garland, placing pins near backand sides of frame. Insert pins firmly into foam.
- 6. Gather free garland ends together at top of wreath andsecure to foam to form hanging loop. Spot glue floral pins foradded strength; glue bits of batting to exposed pins.If you enjoyed this project, look here for more inspiring ideas:White Velvet WreathGreen-and-Gold Square WreathGlitzy Package Wreath
Inspiration: Make our Projects
Inspiration: Read our Blog