Icicle Snowman Ornament
Brrrr! The weather outside might be frightful but this year your Christmas tree will look utterly delightful strung with cheery little snowman icicles.
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- Acrylic paints: black; green; orange; pink; red; white
- White, ultra-light air-dry modeling compound
- Fleece fabric scrap, 1" x 10"
- Red/green pom poms, 1/2", two
- Craft wire, 22-gauge
- 1. Roll 1" ball of modeling compound to 1/8" thickness. Placefoam ball in center and wrap compound around foam surface,removing air bubbles. Set aside.
- 2. Roll 2" ball of compound into elongated cone shape, about5" long. Press cone base to compound-covered ball; let dry.Remove cone shape and glue to ball to secure.
- 3. Using photo as guide, use paintbrush handle to dot eyes andmouth black or other color of choice; use tip of straight pinto add white highlight dots to eyes. Paint round, pink cheeks.Dot snowman body black or other color of choice.
- 4. Paint toothpick orange; cut 1" from tip. Apply glue to endof nose and glue into face.
- 5. Cut 2" length from wire and glue pom pom to each end. Bendwire to fit over top of head; glue pom poms to sides of head.Tie fleece scarf around snowman's neck.If you enjoyed this project, look here for more inspiring ideas:Rose-Topped OrnamentSnowman CandleholdersSmiling Snowman Wreath
Inspiration: Make our Projects
Inspiration: Read our Blog