Three Baby Bunnies and One Very Big Carrot
Little bunnies big dreams - the perfect picture of teamwork!ï¿½ Have fun crafting this project from foam fleece and glue without any sewing and stuffing.
Completion Time -
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- Balls, 2", three
- Cone, 15" x 4"
- Fabrics: orange knit, 14" x 19"; green
- fleece, 9" x 24"; white fleece, 6" x 20"
- Pom poms: 3/4" white, six; 1/4" pink, three
- White chenille stems, four
- Assorted patterned ribbons, 1" x 1/2 yd., three
- Black eye beads, 6mm, six
- Pink powdered blush
- 1. Cut pattern pieces from fleece as indicated. In addition, cut three 5" circles from white fleece.
- 2. Fold orange fabric piece in half to measure 7" x 19". Referto Diagram 1 to mark right fabric edge 3" from fold. Use pencil to lightly draw line from this mark to opposite corner;cut fabric along line. Unfold fabric; discard scraps orreserve for another project.
- 3. Glue and wrap orange fabric around foam cone, centeringcone on fabric. Overlap fabric ends along length of cone; seam will become bottom of carrot. Glue and fold excess fabric overtip and base of cone, trimming excess as needed.
- 4. Cut three 8" lengths from chenille stems. Center and glueone length to each of three leaves with 1" extending below straight edge. Glue second set of leaves to top of first set,sandwiching stems between. Let dry.
- 5. Holding leaves together, twist stem ends together. Usescissors tip to poke hole into base of carrot; glue stems into hole. Bend leaves into desired positions.
- 6. Wax serrated knife with candle stub or paraffin. Cut verythin slice from one side of each foam ball. Center one ball, rounded side down, on white fleece circle cut in Step 1. Pullfleece edges up to flat side of ball and glue; this side isbottom of head. Repeat for remaining two balls.
- 7. Refer to photo and use scissors tip to poke two small holesfor eyes into each head; glue beads into holes. Glue two white pom poms to each head below eyes for muzzles. Glue pink pompom noses in place. Use fingertip to blush cheeks.
- 8. Cut six 1-1/2" lengths from chenille stems. Use fingertipto blush ear centers. Center and glue one length to bottom of each ear with 1/2" extending below straight edge. Apply thinline of glue along each side of chenille stem; fold ear inhalf to hide stem. Let dry. Poke two small holes into top ofeach head; glue ear stems into holes.
- 9. Glue center of each arm piece to back of a bunny head. Glueheads evenly spaced along carrot. Bend paws to front and glue to carrot.
- 10. Tie each ribbon length into a bow; trim ends and glue below bunny chins.If you enjoyed this project, look here for more inspiring ideas:Honny BunnyJust DuckySnow Bunnies
Inspiration: Make our Projects
Inspiration: Read our Blog