Bright and Happy Easter Card
The Easter Bunny isn't alone in spreading around brilliant springtime color. Give this cute and clever card to friends and family and watch joy blossom!
Completion Time -
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- Acrylic paints: blue; pink; green
- Peach chalk ink pad
- Papers: rice paper; decorative stripe; coordinating cardstock, three
- Black alphabet stickers or rub-ons, various fonts
- Coordinating polka-dot grosgrain ribbon, 1/2" x 1/4 yd.
- Cosmetic sponge
- 1. Wax serrated knife with candle stub or paraffin; cut foamegg in half lengthwise. Set aside one half for a second cardor future project.
- 2. Cut 7" x 10" piece from first sheet of cardstock; score andfold to measure 5" x 7". Cut 4-1/2" x 6-1/2" piece fromstriped paper; adhere to center front of card.
- 3. Tear 3-1/2" x 3-3/4" piece from next sheet of cardstock;adhere to lower portion of card front as shown.
- 4. Tear 1-1/2" x 3-1/2" strip from first cardstock sheet; tear1-1/4" x 3" piece from third sheet of cardstock. Adheresmaller strip to center of larger strip; adhere cardstock toupper portion of card front as shown.
- 5. Tear rice paper sheet into small strips. Use wide brush andlaminating glue to adhere paper pieces to foam half-egg,completely covering surface. Use brush to smooth out wrinkles.Let dry completely.
- 6. Use cosmetic sponge to apply chalk ink over surface of egg; let dry.
- 7. Use pencil eraser and acrylic paint to apply blue, pink andgreen dots to egg as shown; let dry.
- 8. Apply alphabet stickers or rub-ons to torn cardstockstrips, spelling "Happy Easter" as shown. Note: Use differentfonts to add visual interest.
- 9. Use paper glue to adhere egg to card front. Tie ribbon intobow and glue to card front below egg; trim ends in a "V."If you enjoyed this project, look here for more inspiring ideas:Bright Paper and Ribbon EggsHandmade Paper Eggs"Happy Birthday" 3-D Scrapbook Page
Inspiration: Make our Projects
Inspiration: Read our Blog